Schedule a Meeting
Recent Work & Creative Highlights
Web Content Specialist
Phone: (917) 497-7852
Address: Kingston, NY, 12401
Website designer and developer with 20+ years of experience focused on building beautiful HTML and WordPress sites with proven knowledge of leadership, problem-solving, and workflow prioritization. Aiming to leverage my abilities to successfully fill the Web Content Specialist role at your company.
Freelance Web Developer
Matthew Fass | WP Consultant, Kingston, New York / Jan 1997 – Present
- Develop custom websites to meet individual client needs.
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry techniques and technologies related to digital communication.
- Collaborate with web content editors to facilitate website maintenance.
- Coordinate workflows to optimize resources and prioritize high-volume workloads.
- Verify front-end code functionality across browsers and platforms.
ThinkingPartners, Red Hook, NY / June 1994 – March 2020
- Developed custom websites to meet individual client needs.
- Collaborated with web content editors to facilitate website maintenance.
- Completed programming projects that complied with existing coding standards and design styles.
- Maintained updated knowledge of industry techniques and technologies related to digital communication.
Social Media Manager
NYC Village Halloween Parade, New York, NY / Jun 2018 – Present
- Maintain social media calendar and support brand identity by creating engaging social media content.
- Plan and execute social media vision, driving brand discovery and participant engagement.
- Develop social media strategy by measuring and reporting on key metrics.
NYC Village Halloween Parade, New York, NY / Apr 2004 – Present
- Hire 30+ marching bands, steel pan bands, samba bands and other musical groups for the annual parade in NYC.
- Created and improve custom internal systems for parade staff using Airtable to coordinate over 250 groups of performers.
- Developed a credentialing system to allow 2000+ people access to the lineup area.
- Maintain a ticketing system using EventBrite in order to raise money for the event.
- Act as technical liaison to the artistic director and solve technical problems as they arise.
Videographer & Video Editor
KNY Productions / Jan 2022 – Present
- Capture visual content and edited general assignment stories for multiple platforms.
- Research and implement various editing techniques to enhance video stabilization, color correction and graphics
- Trim video segments to specified lengths, and reassemble segments in sequences that present performances with maximum effect.
- Edit audio to remove voiceover mistakes and verify consistent volume levels
- Manipulate and edit videos to upload and post to social media platforms and websites.
- Design Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Figma, Canva
- Front-End Skills: HTML, CSS, Javscript
- Non-linear Editing Software: Davinci Resolve
- Responsive Web Design
- Search Engine Optimization
- Version Control Systems: Git, GitHub
- Web Analytics Tools
- Web Development Projects
- Website Best Practices
Antioch College, Yellow Springs, OH
- BA Communications
Founder & Producer
Brazzamatazz Brass Band Festival @ Seed Song Farm, Kingston, New York / Feb 2018 – Present
- Created event with co-producer and curated programming
- Designed and implemented efforts to publicize events and promote sponsorships.
- Organized registration of event participants.
- Hired, train and supervised volunteers and support staff required for events.
- Coordinated services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing – and event security.
- Directed administrative details, such as financial operations, dissemination of promotional materials, and responses to inquiries.